Monday, January 08, 2007

Moving into 2007

I have been slow getting information to this blog! My first term at St Theresa's was a very busy one. I shall contribute material more frequently from now on. I am making a concerted effort - there are already two separate letters on their way and for the next month I will send something at least twice a week. Here are some photos to start with. The first photo is of the teachers and myself who played in the end of year football match against the students. The whole school was watching and chanting. I really felt like a celebrity! I played reasonably (I was awarded Man of the Match, of course) but even my superhuman efforts could not win us the game. We snatched a draw from the jaws of victory. We were two-nil up at half-time, only to concede two late goals. (A true follower of Southampton!) The players from top left to right: Workman,, Workman, Phiri the Accountant, Matthew le Tissier, Phiri, Amidu. From bottom left to right: Jones, Gama, Joe Nyauti, Prince Utumbe (goalkeeper), Mahere (who surprised me by being awesomeat the eage of 38, an old man by Malawian standards), Bayubahe, Zimbiri (who is a referee who officiates all the big time games in Malawi, even internationals).



The second photo is of the garden to the house Donal and I live in just as work began levelling the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home